• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Two different data plates on my M101A2

mikepa

Hello.......I bought and brought home an M101A2 from Gov Liquidators and my problem is that on the body is an M101A2 data plate with just a poorly stamped SN on it. No manufacturer or date.

On the tongue is another printed but faded M116A2 data plate with a printed SN and manufacturer (Libby). It was sold as an M101A2 and the invoice lists the SN of the poorly stamped M101A2. Should I ignore the M116 data plate or make it go away, or use the M116A2 plate that has the printed SN and Manufacturer?

Thanks.............Mike

mikepa

Thanks..I guess I'll go with the M116 data since it is clearer and has the manufacturer on it. There's also a plate next to it that states it was modified and the GVW is 3,000....a little higher than the M101A2 plate.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks