• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Two piece to single wheels

Txcoop

Has anyone gone from two piece wheels to single wheels for 16R20 tires? On Boyce’s website they manufacture single piece wheels for a 5 ton. The reason I asked is no one around DFW will change the 16R20’s on my 2 piece rims.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Txcoop that is an interesting problem you have in your area, if for some reason the tire shops wont do it (and I cannot imagine why) I would try an implement dealer they are more used to dealing with that size of tire. I have never given it any thought because I have a GoodYear dealer in town who did all the 16R20 tires on HEMTT rims on my 920, not a single question of anything they just did it. I cannot imagine why your folks wont do this? Good luck!

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone gone from two piece wheels to single wheels for 16R20 tires? On Boyce’s website they manufacture single piece wheels for a 5 ton. The reason I asked is no one around DFW will change the 16R20’s on my 2 piece rims.
A tire shop unable to differentiate a 2piece modern combat rim from the widowmakers of decades ago is a tire shop extremely unlikely to have the equipment to deal with a 16.00 and a one piece rim.

The problem isn't the wheel, it's the tire shop.

Solution is to find one willing and able. As Karl said, some place that works on AG equipment won't even blink when presented with 16.00s on combat rims.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks