• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Two Questions about Turnsignals and Brake Lights on M812

armytruckdiesel

Where is the brake light switch located on the M812 Bridge Truck? I noticed something on the air line with two wires near the master cylinder.

My turnsignals are not working and I noticed that Saturn Surplus has this for sale under M35 parts.

http://saturnsurplus.com/m35/3706.jpg

Does this turn signal assy. also fit my 5 ton?

Thanks,
Andy

dabtl

That is probably the main problem with the turn signals on your truck. That is because the flasher is the main problem with the turn signals on everyone's truck. It will fit, it is delicate.

acetomatoco

And it needs a good ground, if it is on the fender, the fender needs a good ground...etc etc...The brake switch on early M35s was a hydraulic unit like a Jeep but they changed it to air operation after failure by leaking emptied some master cylinders... oops no brakes... The air switch looks like a small floating mine...with two wire connectors typically of the Packard type....

CGarbee

It's the generic M-series solid state flasher unit. It'll work on the five ton as well as the M35... :)

The brake light switch on the M812 is mounted on the frame rail if my memory serves, and has two wires on it. Sounds like you are looking at the correct part from your description. The one for the M817 (and I think the wreckers) are located on the airpack, the ones for the other trucks are downline. It's in the manuals... (unit maintenence I believe, but I've been looking at way to many of them in the last few days to be truly sure.)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks