• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Two rows of seats in cab?

coachgeo

I was looking at a Steyr site, and noticed this picture that appears to show two rows of seats. Judging by the position of the front passenger seat in relation to the window, it must be pretty far forward, but still interesting.
https://excap.de/der-excap/fahrerkabine/ [pic here...]
that is a Doka cab that has been extended by 400mm according to their website. Appears to say that they relocated a few items normally behind the cab to other places giving back approx. 200mm. this way the Doka cab cuts into less space for bed/box mounted behind if they had not done this.

Screenshot from 2018-06-04 22:46:41.png

Last edited:

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wish they had more pictures of the mod. Looks pretty cool. They have a bunch of other interesting stuff on that site, like how they've replaced the cab air bags with coil-over springs.

scottmandu

I wish they had more pictures of the mod. Looks pretty cool. They have a bunch of other interesting stuff on that site, like how they've replaced the cab air bags with coil-over springs.
A guy locally did this using motorcycle springs.. However his cab is much more bouncy than the airbags.

coachgeo

Or just fix the bags?
could be the motorcycle spring fellow went with springs back before hmmm. was it suprman? that found the manufacture? Any way... twas not till this happened did it open up access to parts at a reasonable cost. Prior to that... the fix was only motorcycle springs?? or NOS Bag w/ Can and they cost an arm, a leg, and your first born... per side.

In my case... will dig further and decide. Mine was completely disassembled, leveling valve removed from air system etc. by the Previous Owner. Am not sure the bags are even still installed. Anyway had a most of the parts to reinstall the various things removed in the bed of truck so was not too concerned..... until recent theft of much all of that. Think it was metal scrappers. "So what to do".. "OEM it.. or upgrade... that is the question" -William Shakespear .. or was that Robin Williams?

Ps- Got a load of OEM stuff coming on a Pallet from Suprman/Pawnking/Will and few more things from ExpeditionNW... will figure it out from there.

Last edited:

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bet some sideways jumps seat would work for a child/teenager?
Yeah, I think they would, though I wonder if they would get motion sickness. There is a post around here for what I did for mine. I found some narrow 16" wide MRAP seats, and made a steel plate that bolts to the existing bolt pattern and then has new holes for the two new seats in the middle. My kids are fairly young, and fit in those seats fine. They are really too small for adults though.

deshet

I rode in jump seats in a 1980/1990s Nissan Hardbody with no complaints at 6'7 as a teenager when I wanted to go fishing.

I was surprised the cab in these isn't that bad. I am debating on weather Air Seats are even needed. The middle seat is coming out. I need seats with dual arm rests.