• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

U.S.M.C gun trucks?

Sgt C

I’ve been on the lookout for 1960’s radio sound tracts. My idea was to play 60’s rock on a speaker for the same reason.
Browsing YouTube yesterday. Came across War Sounds Radio Chatter. One hour of wartime comms.
Can only understand bits and pieces but definitely good enough . The problem is getting it off of YouTube. I also came across soundtracks of music associated with the Vietnam War. I need to figure out how to get them onto my computer, mix them, and get them onto my phone. My thought is to play some radio chatter for 5 minutes or so, then fade out to some music from that period. Then back to radio chatter...rinse and repeat.

SgtMajHarper

Browsing YouTube yesterday. Came across War Sounds Radio Chatter. One hour of wartime comms.
Can only understand bits and pieces but definitely good enough. The problem is getting it off of YouTube. I also came across soundtracks of music associated with the Vietnam War. I need to figure out how to get them onto my computer, mix them, and get them onto my phone. My thought is to play some radio chatter for 5 minutes or so, then fade out to some music from that period. Then back to radio chatter...rinse and repeat.
I saw quite a variety of both tunes and radio traffic after doing a search on the computer. I just watched (again) "Good Morning Vietnam" the other day and thought about getting a soundtrack or Adrian and his tunes to blast out of a loudspeaker when in a parade. I'll never find now probably, I had a cassette tape I had made of radio traffic and outgoing artillery, ground fire from many moons ago.

Sgt C

I saw quite a variety of both tunes and radio traffic after doing a search on the computer. I just watched (again) "Good Morning Vietnam" the other day and thought about getting a soundtrack or Adrian and his tunes to blast out of a loudspeaker when in a parade. I'll never find now probably, I had a cassette tape I had made of radio traffic and outgoing artillery, ground fire from many moons ago.
Sad story.... I just read your post to my college intern. She asked, "Whats a cassette tape?"

Sgt C

So, the summer is over and Reaper attended many shows and parades over the last few months. Actually met a couple of veterans who served on gun trucks. Both gave my truck their blessing. Even though I don't have cab armor yet, they were impressed with the build. The only downside was some of the kids. We had lines of kids at every event. Some were pretty rough with the equipment. It was worth it, though. Again, thanks to all for advice and encouragement!20230917_111040.jpg10154.jpegFB_IMG_1693871292810.jpgFB_IMG_1693871257239.jpg2H6A0944.jpgScreenshot_20230823_000112_YouTube.jpg20230801_165516.jpgFB_IMG_1694988892530.jpg10148.jpeg10156.jpeg

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, the summer is over and Reaper attended many shows and parades over the last few months. Actually met a couple of veterans who served on gun trucks. Both gave my truck their blessing. Even though I don't have cab armor yet, they were impressed with the build. The only downside was some of the kids. We had lines of kids at every event. Some were pretty rough with the equipment. It was worth it, though. Again, thanks to all for advice and encouragement!View attachment 906794View attachment 906795View attachment 906796View attachment 906797View attachment 906798View attachment 906799View attachment 906800View attachment 906801View attachment 906803View attachment 906804
The most rewarding part of building a gun truck is the Veterans and the kids. Thank you for sharing!

Crapgame

You can't just keep playing "Fortunate Son" in continuous loop,

Contemporary radio comms is going to sound different, from the encryption signal on keying mic to higher quality, digital quality recordings but the general public will not know.
You can find the Generation Kill closing radio traffic on Youtube, there must be a way to download as MP3 or MP5 whatever its up to these days, play it on a loop.
(3) Generation Kill Radio Chatter - YouTube

Bien Hoa Productions used to offer a Vietnam era cassette of various radio chatter, Out Of Business now I believe.

Texas Tech University The Vietnam Center & Sam Johnson Vietnam Archive has a list of Audio Recordings you can access somehow off this page: The Vietnam Center and Sam Johnson Vietnam Archive: Browse the Digitized Audio (ttu.edu)

Sgt C

I'm sure you guys are getting sick of me by now, but can't help showing off my baby. First of 2 Christmas parades yesterday. Derry NH. Next Sunday is Merrimack NH. The steel gun box really helps with decorating. Everything is attached with magnets. My wife loves playing the Grinch and the kids go nuts when they see her. received_728269445846714.jpegreceived_1356319888340982.jpegreceived_1392881968299748.jpegFB_IMG_1700945896897.jpgreceived_905668427099632.jpeg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks