• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ultimate M1009?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, thinking about it, that is probably one of the most straighforward swaps of its kind. 4BTs were used in vast numbers in bread trucks. Lots of these had 400 turbos already in them. Bolting it to the M1009s 400 turbo is a non issue. Only real task that remains is the engine mount fabrication. All that would remain is the little stuff like figuring fan spacing and radiator hoses. I know we won't hear from him until after Aberdeen but probably our best source of info on this will be Cabell Garbee. Oh to have a spare 4BT.

Dieselsmoke

Engine mounts are cake. We used the engine mounts from a bread truck and the TH400 adapter plate on a '76 Chev we stuffed a 4BT into. Right now we're stuffing a 6 into my buddy's '76 shortbed 1/2 ton that he's turning into a drag truck.

M35guy

If I recall right a 4BT is a simple swap, since its a 4 cyl I believe, and will fit easily into a CUCV engine bay. I'd love to have one though.

BKinzey

What I keep hearing is a 4BT with mods will make 300hp. But all the 4BT swaps I see seem stock. 130hp is a little low IMHO.

I wouldn't mind 200hp out of a 4BT though :D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks