• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Uncovered Markings on M880

Wy-m880

Left bumper bares "6A 89 ARC" Right bumper "945 E DET 6"
this what i have got so far, left decoded is 6th US Army, 89th Army Reserve Command, now what might the right side, my guess on very little info out there is it, 945th Engineering Detachment unit # 6?? wanting to restore to actual era of government issuance, and does any one have some pics of detail on markings thru out an ARC truck thank you:lost:

Attachments

Chief_919

This is an odd one, it looks like it belonged to the 945th Engineer Detachment from Bismark ND.

Post a VIN and I will see what data I can pull up.

nattieleather

I think the 6 is the order of march number. In other words it was the 6th vehicle in the convoy. Otherwise I think your right on the money. Maybe Chief will have more information for you.

Chief_919

Looks like it was transferred to the WY Guard after it left the USAR

Organization: W7N9, USPFO ACTIVITY WYOMING ARMY NATIONAL GUARD
Nomenclature: TRUCK CARGO 1-1/4T
Model: M880
NSN: 2320005798942
Serial Number: BE7S119212
Registration Number: NG0TVF
Year of Mfg: 1977
Manufacturer: 2L585
Contract Number: DAAE07-75-C-0141

willybill99

So I was just wondering what all you did to the Truck before you sold it. The reason I ask is because I believe in looking into buying it from the person you sold it to. Did you ever fix the pinion yoke. Thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks