• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Under Seat Storage

riderdan

Had an idea last night that I thought I'd post...

I've been scratching my head about storing stuff under the rear seats. I don't recall that we ever had anything useful (except some chain and recovery gear) stored in them, because the insides get wet. So there's several cubic feet of storage space available that's going to waste.

Digging through some stuff from my time in the 82nd, I came across a pair of SealLine dry bags. These are heavy weight, waterproof bags, with welded seams and a simple roll-down waterproof closure. I've had them completely submerged before (an unexpected "water" landing at Normandy in 1989) without the contents getting wet.

My day pack of GTH stuff just fit in one, which fits under the seat with plenty of room.

sealand-bag.jpg

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had an idea last night that I thought I'd post...

I've been scratching my head about storing stuff under the rear seats. I don't recall that we ever had anything useful (except some chain and recovery gear) stored in them, because the insides get wet. So there's several cubic feet of storage space available that's going to waste.

Digging through some stuff from my time in the 82nd, I came across a pair of SealLine dry bags. These are heavy weight, waterproof bags, with welded seams and a simple roll-down waterproof closure. I've had them completely submerged before (an unexpected "water" landing at Normandy in 1989) without the contents getting wet.

My day pack of GTH stuff just fit in one, which fits under the seat with plenty of room.

View attachment 679004
I tried to PM. Did u know a medic last name Kozak? I went to med school with him.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
5'7" dirty blond. All his brothers were sargeant majors in various branches. He went to college through US military and became an officer and a medic. Became a medic at Fort Bragg for the 82'nd. Got into med school (that's where I met him), and went into the reserves. A couple of years later he got his FOP's.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks