• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Uneven tyre wear on M54 rear axle after accident

maverick

Ok guys,
After checking everything again and using GRINGELTAUBE's drawing, The answer to the D in his drawing is 30mm. So I've measured it two different ways and it been 25mm and 30mm. So I now need everybody's ideas on what needs replacing and removing before I do anymore? is it dog bones or bent axle ????

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
....................... is it dog bones or bent axle ????
Sorry to tell you Sir: it is a bent axle housing AND (not OR) possibly something else.
Remember, only if distance F = distance R +/- 2mm, the whole axle got somehow misaligned but could be considered straight (horizontally referred).

Good luck finding a good replacement housing and carefully inspect all mounting brackets and hardware, especially on the collision side.

G.

Attachments

maverick

I thought you may say that, at least I know where I stand now with the axle. Hopefully a SS member here in the UK can help me out with a axle, just waiting for details.

Thanks for the help and advice

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks