• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Unimog 404 pulley belt tensioner

Dpez93

Bought a unimog 404s and the pulley tensioner appears to be squealing intermittently and sometimes constantly. I have tried looking for a new one but am unable to find one online that doesn’t require a VAT. Does anyone know the size of the bearing and if I’m able to rebuild it?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bought a unimog 404s and the pulley tensioner appears to be squealing intermittently and sometimes constantly. I have tried looking for a new one but am unable to find one online that doesn’t require a VAT. Does anyone know the size of the bearing and if I’m able to rebuild it?
You should not have to pay VAT on anything imported to the US, contact the sellers and ask.
There was a guy in CA that had tons of 404 parts, can't remember his name but that was back in the 90s

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you aware that the idler pulley has an oil reservoir? Open the plug in the front of the pulley and fill it full.

The fan also has a reservoir, and so does the water pump.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks