• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Unimog FLU 419 Clutch Issue

tmcnaney

I went off-roading with my Unimog and accidentally let the clutch out moving at about 10-15mph in low low gear. I engaged the pedal again and used the break to slow down. When I tried to move again from a stop there was barely any power going to the transmission.

I had the truck towed back home as it wouldn’t move. I recently tried adjusting the slave cylinder with some success by following the manual. A little more power but still not sending full power to wheels. Shifting is a little tighter now,m

I can move on level ground, but if the bucket is full it barely moves. I can put it in a higher gear and release the clutch but it just slips and does not stall the engine. Low rpm’s seam to get a little more bite. Truck will get stuck in a slight incline or a puddle

The slave cylinder end wobbles a lot, not sure if that is normal.

I’m searching for the bell housing plug and will scope it with a bore scope.

Any suggestions on what else I should do before the cab is removed?

tmcnaney

I was able to move 5-6 dumptruck loads....then it stopped moving.

Today I was able to back up a hill, then it got stuck in a small dip.

Neghibor said sand in the bell housing might help.....

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks