• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Unit #1 Delivery Load Out (MEP002A)

1800 Diesel

Instead of asking questions, I thought I'd post a few photos of today's load-out of an MEP002A onto an M101A--which my neighbor decided he wanted for the generator. As a retired USAF fellow, he requested that I leave all the markings on the generator so the paint job is "as found"...anyway, good to see this one go to a good home. Wednesday we head over to Mississippi to deliver my brother's MEP2 for one of his farm operations...

Attachments

1800 Diesel

Is that a Ford 3000 diesel? I have an older 4000 gasoline... just wondering. Incredibly reliable tractors in my experience.
Triple Jim,

It's a 3-cylinder 3600 diesel....we have many old tractors--just not very many that actually run...several "on the list" to get restored, but we're still trying to get the shop finished...I was surprised the lift on the 3600 would actually handle the weight of the MEP2, but it did fine...we used the chain fall just to have better control...funny thing is my neighbor didn't ask for the trailer, but when he saw his generator sitting there on it, he decided he wanted the M101......good for us too, since we needed the funds...:grd:

NJ_Toolnut

Triple Jim,

It's a 3-cylinder 3600 diesel....we have many old tractors--just not very many that actually run...several "on the list" to get restored, but we're still trying to get the shop finished...I was surprised the lift on the 3600 would actually handle the weight of the MEP2, but it did fine...we used the chain fall just to have better control...funny thing is my neighbor didn't ask for the trailer, but when he saw his generator sitting there on it, he decided he wanted the M101......good for us too, since we needed the funds...:grd:

I have a 1987 Ford 1910 with a 3 cylinder diesel and four wheel drive--I've had it for almost 20 years and it has been very reliable. I REALLY like that home-built crane that attaches to the three point hitch on your 3600. Did you build or buy it? I know this is a little OT, but do you have more images you can post or PM? I want to fab one for my tractor.

Stan

Triple Jim

I was surprised the lift on the 3600 would actually handle the weight of the MEP2, but it did fine...we used the chain fall just to have better control...
Funny, I used my 1961 4000 to move my MEP-003A when it got here. I put the horizontal steel angles of a generic 3-point frame through the fork pockets on the 003 and chained the lifting eye on top of the engine back to top of the the 3-point frame. The hitch lifted the 003 fine, and I just drove it into position. There wasn't much weight on the tractor's front wheels though, it felt like it had power steering.

1800 Diesel

I have a 1987 Ford 1910 with a 3 cylinder diesel and four wheel drive--I've had it for almost 20 years and it has been very reliable. I REALLY like that home-built crane that attaches to the three point hitch on your 3600. Did you build or buy it? I know this is a little OT, but do you have more images you can post or PM? I want to fab one for my tractor.

Stan
That lift boom was built by a man in Mississippi during the 1970s. I bought my first tractor from him ('60 Ford diesel 4000) in the 80s and the boom came with it. Years ago I folded the lower pipe picking up something too heavy and repaired it by inserting a piece of heavy-wall drill stem. Don't have any more photos but can send you some next week..trying to prep for a 3-day road trip...just send me a pm, (say over the weekend) as a reminder...

1800 Diesel

Funny, I used my 1961 4000 to move my MEP-003A when it got here. I put the horizontal steel angles of a generic 3-point frame through the fork pockets on the 003 and chained the lifting eye on top of the engine back to top of the the 3-point frame. The hitch lifted the 003 fine, and I just drove it into position. There wasn't much weight on the tractor's front wheels though, it felt like it had power steering.
Definitely better keeping the load low by using the lift arms...We don't have a fork attachment, but do have an old JD 300 backhoe/loader, but it's on loan to another neighbor..getting it back next week. I suspect the loader on that one should pick up an MEP3--will find out soon... ;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks