• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

unit markings m275a2, 2 1/2 ton tractor

johan77

hi guys,
getting more info about the year when my m275 was build etc. but i also try to figure out where it served (must have been somewhere in europe bcse there are so called lollypop light brackets installed), the only sure way would be probably to find some markings on the bumper , unfortunatly, however on the back of the cab, passenger side, on the right, it says SF SMGP....anybody has an idea what or if that means something ? strange place to put unit markings on the back … thanks and nice hollidays for y'all !!

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ECS is Equipment Concentration Site. But I really really doubt any deuce tractors were used by Special Forces.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ECS is Equipment Concentration Site. But I really really doubt any deuce tractors were used by Special Forces.
Thanks NDT for that info. This truck needs a little TLC but overall it isn't in too bad a shape. It has an LD-465-1 non-turbo engine and is clean under the hood. It's pretty much a standard 1970s truck. BTW, Have A Happy New Year!!

johan77

SMGP might be strategic missile group, it can make sense, by the way, the truck is coming either from us forces in Germany or Belgium..... still no clue what the SF is standing for in this case, special forces i indeed doubt. happy newyear to all !!

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Johan77 here is a picture of an M818 5 ton tractor notice the difference in the 5th wheel. I am pretty sure the M275A2 truck in Texas has the correct 5th wheel.

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The older 5 ton tractors and the 275s and M48 used the same fifth wheel. GMC 221 was different. The 818 in the pic has an upgrade modern fifth wheel.

johan77

Johan77 here is a picture of an M818 5 ton tractor notice the difference in the 5th wheel. I am pretty sure the M275A2 truck in Texas has the correct 5th wheel.
ooohhwww yes, that's a lot different, but i've seen also m52 5-ton tractors with what appears to be the same fifth wheel like the one those previous 3 pics. here's some from my assembly for my M275a2 . Thanks !!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks