• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Universal X door/Soft Door Stryker

scottofazphx

Has anyone made a special stryker that can be used with both the x door and soft door?
Im working up a multi striker now for my truck. I have a set of x doors with the round bar striker and a set of half doors that grab a striker that looks much like the soft doors just solid. I want to be able to switch between the doors at anytime depending on the weather without changing out the hardware.

Im machining a custom striker assembly that is both combined the is out of aluminum and has a simple pin to remove the "soft door" latch from the round striker. Once done with testing i will post pictures and all the cnc files for others to make.

Autonomy_Lost

Im working up a multi striker now for my truck. I have a set of x doors with the round bar striker and a set of half doors that grab a striker that looks much like the soft doors just solid. I want to be able to switch between the doors at anytime depending on the weather without changing out the hardware.

Im machining a custom striker assembly that is both combined the is out of aluminum and has a simple pin to remove the "soft door" latch from the round striker. Once done with testing i will post pictures and all the cnc files for others to make.
Maybe I'm missing something, but why would you want to regularly switch between hard doors and soft doors?

scottofazphx

Maybe I'm missing something, but why would you want to regularly switch between hard doors and soft doors?
Im in Phoenix AZ, so 70% of the year its crazy nice outside and not hot. I take the truck off-roading during this time of the year. During this time I run the half doors for the open-air experience. My truck is stored inside a garage so security not an issue. However, in the middle of the summer we get up to 118f so for those couple of months, plus a couple in the dead of winter I run the full x doors so I have air conditioning and heat. I want a way to switch between these doors without having to unbolt all the strikers etc. Thats basically why i have two sets of doors.

Hummer Guy

Im in Phoenix AZ, so 70% of the year its crazy nice outside and not hot. I take the truck off-roading during this time of the year. During this time I run the half doors for the open-air experience. My truck is stored inside a garage so security not an issue. However, in the middle of the summer we get up to 118f so for those couple of months, plus a couple in the dead of winter I run the full x doors so I have air conditioning and heat. I want a way to switch between these doors without having to unbolt all the strikers etc. Thats basically why i have two sets of doors.
Yep, same here

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks