• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Unknown meaning of this metal tag

krs2208

I have a Meritor Transfer Case MTC-4210 and it has a factory tag on it but it also has this tag on it. Three rows of UPC's and numbers. Can anyone tell me what the significance of this tag is? I don't have a clue. Also, does anyone know what type of mil vehicle this T-Case was installed in? It is painted tan and has never been installed since being painted as it still had painted tape over the bolt holes and electrical connector. I am new to this site and this is the first time I have tried to post. I hope I am doing this correctly. Thank you in advance for your help.032.jpg

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
That appears to be a plain ole inventory tag. 338X5 is the CAGE code for Navistar. I have a link to CAGE codes in post 1 of my VIN INFO threads. Would assume the second is a manufacturer part number and the third is the serial number for that specific transfer case. All manufacturer inventory stuff.

cbear

It looks like there may be a 2D barcode in the upper right corner. If you have a smartphone, download a barcode app and see if you can glean anything else from the 2D code.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks