• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Unloaded at Banks

TedG

Nice pictures. If it is there for turbo work or suspension work, then it is because it is borderline overloaded. It looks like a cross between M1151A1 and 1165A1.

davidkroberts

we used them in iraq and afgansitan, overloaded, underpowered, too many electronics, cant see crap, hard to get out of when its on fire or turned over because of all the crap they make you bring and armored doors weigh a ton. put 8000 lbs of armor on your one ton pickupand see how well it drives in the mountains.

but they did save me from a double stacked command detonated mine that went off under us........:D

Expendable

that is a special forces Variant of the HMMWV

and yes these up-armored Humvees are overloaded. they werent designed 8000lbs of armor. theyy were designed for up to 5000lb payload. the 6.5TD isnt a powerhouse by far.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_6552.jpg
Saw this at the Navy UDT-SEAL Museum in Ft Pierce.IMG_6557.jpg
Don’t know much about HMMWVs to know what mods it had done.IMG_6556.jpg
.IMG_6555.jpg
I found the wheels and tires interesting.IMG_6554.jpg
This museum is a must do if you’re in the area, very well put together and so many incredible MV’s.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Japanese tires, made in the US of A!View attachment 918773
I think most of our Nittos are made here. My wife has a set of Ridge Grapplers on here Jeep, been a very good tire so far. I also run a lot of Toyos, great tires as well, but those I have are made in Japan.
Would be much cheaper to produce here than in Japan!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks