• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Up with you, level at five thousand

Been on here a bit and even posted a few times so I figured that an introduction was probably in order.

I have a genset and a few other pieces of military equipment but haven't bought a truck YET. Found this site looking for TM's probably like many folks but stuck around because it was interesting. Spent multiple tours in both recent sandboxes, logged almost 1000 miles per week for the first 17 months of OIF1 so I have quite a bit of experience with most variants of the HMMWV and 5tons (especially the M925 and M931). Drove M915/916s up and down MSR Tampa and MSR Jackson until I had it memorized. Spent some time in the M977 but never liked hauling fuel when getting shot at. Just didn't give me a warm and fuzzy. Those were back before we had armor so it was sandbags on the floorboards and prayers on our lips.

Now I fly UH-60's and watch those MRAP convoys from above. Sure looks like it sucks down there.... All that armor and air conditioning makes me jealous though, I don't have that. Then again, its harder to hit me doing 120kts.

Currently located up near JBLM WA. just up the street from a guy named Brad in McKenna that I see mentioned throughout the forum. I haven't actually met him but see the stuff he has for sale every day on my way home. So, if anyone is picking up from the DRMO at Ft Lewis and needs an assist, shoot me a PM and I will come lend a hand.

Dane

gunboy1656

Welcome.

Nnotice anything familiar with this pic?Giant Mosque.jpg This was taken during OIF2. I was attached to the Washington National Guard for that deployment.

Whole time we were there those cranes never moved.

Welcome to the club(and the madness). Thanks for your service.
Thank you for your support.

It is my belief that the support of those at home allows us to do our job. The knowledge that someone cares will work miracles for a deployed Soldier. Having said that, if any of you know a deployed Soldier, send him/her a letter. I am talking about a physical piece of paper in an envelope with a stamp (aka snail mail). It doesn't even have to be long winded, just let them know that you are thinking of them. As a mail carrier for my company in OIF, I can personally attest to the significant morale boost that it will give.

Welcome.

Nnotice anything familiar with this pic?View attachment 532941 This was taken during OIF2. I was attached to the Washington National Guard for that deployment.

Whole time we were there those cranes never moved.
Is that just outside of BIAP on hells highway? I think I have a similar picture.

srodocker

Welcome aboard!!!

Yea brad is a good guy and does have some trucks for sale. I live just outside the dupont gate heh. You must go out by the old roy gate and down that way to pass his place? I may need to pick your knownledge on the 900 series trucks for air brake problem with mine.

Thanks for the service and hopefully see you around.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dane, Welcome from Kentucky. Glad you're home safe and sound. Time to buy a truck.
Have fun.
JC

Artisan

Brad M is a living treasure. The man has forgot more than
I will ever know. He works circles around me and I am some
15 years his junior, and he almost lost an arm years ago!
He also was driving a MV Tractor and trailer and some idiot
decided to suicide HEAD ON TO HIM, he survived the some
150MPH impact. A small something fell off the truck in
the crash, the Hwy Patrol CITED him for loss of load just
to try to recoup some of the money fo rthe mess. Makes
me mad to this day. There was a chopper cab, I thnk 2 of them
on the trailer too. they stayed put.

I have his phone number, I know he has a bunch of nice
trucks for sale now along w/ just about everything else.
If you want to call him just PM me.

PS, THANK YOU ALL who served, and I mean that.

Artisan

He is going to be alone on XMAS.

Anyone sending good cheer his way will get my vote, and possibly
some support!

Another Ahab

Hey cannonfodder, seen your posts around, but didn't realize you hadn't been a given a right good welcome:

- So here's a welcome from Virginia.

Glad you're on-site here.

gunboy1656

Thank you for your support.

It is my belief that the support of those at home allows us to do our job. The knowledge that someone cares will work miracles for a deployed Soldier. Having said that, if any of you know a deployed Soldier, send him/her a letter. I am talking about a physical piece of paper in an envelope with a stamp (aka snail mail). It doesn't even have to be long winded, just let them know that you are thinking of them. As a mail carrier for my company in OIF, I can personally attest to the significant morale boost that it will give.

Is that just outside of BIAP on hells highway? I think I have a similar picture.
I believe that was the nickname of the road. I lived in the Breenzone while I was there and it was not too far away from where I was.

I believe that was the nickname of the road. I lived in the Breenzone while I was there and it was not too far away from where I was.
Yep, that's the one. I used to make that run multiple times a day. Got lit up there a few times too. Fun times.
I will have to go through all my pictures from Iraq and see if I can find the one I am thinking of. I swear its taken from the exact same angle.

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We gave Brad a call today to wish him Merry Christmas, and he is
hanging in there. He may be selling a very sweet Marine truck in the near future.
I didn't get any of the details other than one of them only had 500 miles on it
and only a small number were built. Can't say anything more due to forum rules.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard from Illinois!! THANKS for your service!! Been many a year since I put boot in a helo, but those are some cherished memories!! TONS of good people on here, some great info too. Stay safe!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks