• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Update on onan genset

scooter01922

You guys may remember that i picked up this glowing yellow genset a few months back. Well, i said that i would snap a shot of the data plates and post em up. I finally got around to taking the pics this afternoon. I believe it was will wagner that said he might be able to wrangle some manuals for it???? Sorry its a little dusty in some of the pics. Had to move it last week and had to use the backhoe, naturally some dirt fell off the bucket making it dirty. Thing is really hefty, couldn't get the skidsteer to budge it.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
No you don't. A gasoline one is easily converted to natural gas or propane. Diesel, not so much. If you were to use it as a backup, a gas fuel will keep it from clogging like stale gasoline would(clog it).

scooter01922

Thanks for the link, yeah i suppose that is true on the propane/nat gas thing. Thats certainly an option worth looking into as this will prob be the household backup unit. With regards to the diesel i had some larger plans that just backup duty, it would see some decent hours and for that it would be in a spot suitably warm to at least attemp the finely filtered WVO route.:-D What can i say i just can't leave anything alone.....must....resist ....urge to....tinker.....:twisted:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks