• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

(UPDATED)Made it back...

chuck500cc

Drove home with my M35 yesterday from Pineville La. Thank you Ken and my cousin. Almost uneventful other than the rain from Tyler to Fort Worth. I will post pics tonight when I get home from work. Made it in at 10:00 last night. Need to know how to change out the tach cable as it quit on me half way home. Pulled it out of the back of the tachometer and it was not turning. Guess it is a broken cable. Yes we did leave the area we worked in the way we found it. Always clean up our mess so we will be invited back. Thank you sgt. Morgan for your help.

Chuck XD Fan

Attachments

jimm1009

(UPDATED) Made it back

Hey I was in the same lot yesterday. I picked up the truck that was next to yours I think because there was one empty slot before I got there at 10:45.
I was done in two hours and towed my M1009 out behind the Deuce.
I WILL post pictures when I get home.
There was a SSGT as the driver of the base M1009 with jumper cables but Mr. Morgan is a W1 and yes he was very helpful and left me alone to do my thing. I cleaned up all my mess too and you could never tell that I was there except for the empty slot where my "Ride" was parked.
I forgot how much fun it was to drive in the rain with vacuum wipers that don't work and a sunroof that won't close.
Jim in Louisiana, with pics to come tonight.

jimm1009

(UPDATED)Made it back

Here a few pics of my really ugly M35A2 with the LTD-465-1D and without airshift front end.
Sorry about the pics being out of order...this is my first time at posting pictures.
Note the Command Vehicle has no license plate. Louisiana, Texas, Indiana, and a few others allow this by registering using the military VIN and stenciling it on the bumper front and rear. Just carry insurance, registration, and vehicle safety inspection as applicable stapled together and smooth sailing.
Jim

Attachments