• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

updated parts suppliers for gassers and Fuel Vapor Locking issues?

jmoylan69

I am looking for an updated listing of parts suppliers for engine parts for the gassers. or if anyone has any of the AO-331 NAPA numbers for belts, hosest, gaskets, or overhauls kits. AVETRUCK used to have them but i guess they went belly up. the numbers are disconnected.

Also looking for information that anyone may have about fuel vapor locking on the gassers.

My truck will vapor lock when pulling long hills. My theory is that the fuel of the 50's was able to atomize at a much higher temperature compared to todays. I have run across many folks with the older M37 variant MV's and they have have to completely re route their fuel lines to get away from the heat. anyone else have any problems or fixes or theories? seems the Zenith Carb on my REO doesnt work worth a **** when hot. but purrs like a kitten when cold and fires up easy.

JasonS suggested at one point the holly 2300 economaster. i've not been able to locate any.

any ideas gents?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks