• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"UPGRADED" my WMO filtering rig!

rolling18

Good day!
I recently upgraded my home waist motor oil "station" by adding a 50 gal. cone supply/ mixing tank, 115v ac pump, large filter housing w/ gauge staged down to 1 micron!

With this setup I can directly fill the deuce tank or a holding tank.
It is very easy to fill a custom blend in the supply tank, it all goes through a one time pass and ready fuel from the filter housing.

its very simple and works well so far with a decent flow rate even at 1 micron due to the very large filter.
I have future plans to upgrade even further by swapping in the 24v dc military fuel pump. to power in the field.
using camlocks to swap hoses and pumps.

big white tank is obviously the cone mixing/ supply tank.
Tall green one is Filter housing
Blue 115 AC pump in middle.
all connected by 1" tubing (may be upgraded to 2" camlocks[thumbzup] and Military 24 VDC pump
the whole thing is mounted to a pallet for portability, could be used in the truck if needed

20140713_124157.jpg

Beyond Biodiesel

Nice setup. I use 2 smaller 20" Pentek bag filters and a 2" y-trap in series for filtering my waste oil blends with 1" cam lock fittings and hoses on it. I can pump fuel through my bag filters faster than my deuce fuel tank can receive it. However, I too am considering upgrading to 2" cam lock fittings and hoses so that I can fill a storage tank more rapidly. It is all mounted on the back of my Chevy van, but I plan to build a similar system onto the back of my deuce. See photo:
DIY filter manifold.2109.jpg
From experimenting with WMO blends I find that often there is a lot of suspended carbon in it, which will pass right through a 1-micron filter. I have also found I can remove it with a centrifuge. Do you have plans to remove that carbon with a centrifuge?

rolling18

I would love to have a centrifuge, however that its not sit in the financial cards right now.

besides it only filters as fast as you're slowest component in which case with the center fuse I might as well not upgrade anything because it is so slowif I am running it in the a one time pass in-line scenario.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks