• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Upgraded running lights work great except in one specific scenario

BSLogic

Just upgraded front and rear lights to truck lite LEDs. Turn signals, brakes and running lights all working great - except when in service drive, right blinker on, and pressing brake pedal, the left brake light does not turn on. When doing the opposite side, it works fine. Is this probably just a faulty light assembly?

BSLogic

Sorry it's been a while. Swapped lights - followed the light. I replaced my brake switch (because it was sticky) and the turn signal/brake light problem went away. I'm guessing I had a high resistance connection that couldn't quite allow the LEDs to turn on in that one light module.

Jerryparentii

I’ve got a 86 M1009. I replaced the rear brake/turn signal build to a LED and had no problem. I saw a guy on YouTube switch his drive/turn signal to LED and had no problems. So I installed mine and now neither the rear or front turn signals work. The light comes on but when you turn the signal on it gets brighter in both front and back but does not flash. So I bought a flasher a LL554 which is what another person did that has a civilian vehicle like mine, but that didn’t fix it. Currently I’m stumped I did not replace the hazard flasher, could it really be that simple.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’ve got a 86 M1009. I replaced the rear brake/turn signal build to a LED and had no problem. I saw a guy on YouTube switch his drive/turn signal to LED and had no problems. So I installed mine and now neither the rear or front turn signals work. The light comes on but when you turn the signal on it gets brighter in both front and back but does not flash. So I bought a flasher a LL554 which is what another person did that has a civilian vehicle like mine, but that didn’t fix it. Currently I’m stumped I did not replace the hazard flasher, could it really be that simple.
Normally you would want to start a new thread for any issues you are having with your vehicle so we don't start cluttering up existing threads with information not directly related to the initial post.
(but yes, it could very well be as simple as having to replace the bulb in the turn signal controller with an LED so the resistances match)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks