• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

USA 6x6...Junk or not???

forklift

I've seen quite a few posts saying usa 6x6 sells nothing but junk and it seems that in every one of those posts, there has been atleast one person defending the guy, saying his stuff is great. I'm about to send him a bunch of money for rims and tires. I'm starting to get a little scared. Anyone bought rims for singles from him? He says they are DOT stamped. I really don't want to waste this much dough. Anyone have some info???

JEEPGUY

I know some people have had bad deals but, I believe most of them were towards the start up of his business. and as everyone knows bad news travels fast. you wont hear much about a good deal. thats just the way it is. as for me, I have had nothing but great dealings with daniel and usa6x6. I've had him build me several sets of wheels with no problems what so ever, along with misc. items, and recently a m35a2
odds are you'll hear mostly bad news because like I was saying "bad news travels fast"

Its been gone over time and time again, but "every" business is gonna have bad times.

good luck man and I might be able to help ya with a delivery. I'll be down there picking stuff up in the next month or so.

feel free to email me if you'd like at terrajeep@hotmail.com

M1075

My personal experience has taught me three things about Daniel at USA6x6.

#1 Don't be snowed. He knows a lot of technical stuff, but his BS is as good as anybody.

#2 Be Patient. My delivery time far exceeded what was promised. (months not weeks)

#3 Expect Inferior Quality. 14 of the rims I purchased leaked air and I had to reweld them.

After 3 days of mounting, demounting, rewelding, mounting, etc. I was glad to have them.

M1075

The rims may be DOT stamped, but I presume these are the original DOT stamps on the rims shells he reuses and NOT one he is authorized to put on them. I'm pretty sure the beadlock rims are not DOT approved. If that is important to you, ask for some DOT documentation.

carguy455

Buyer be AWARE. Thats all, maybe he has it all going smooth by now, maybe he doesnt. If you know that going in and are OK with it, then fine. I started a business too, it has not always been smooth sailing and as a business person you try to do whatever you can to keep business, sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesnt. I for one got things better over time in my business , but sh** still happens occasionally.
Best of luck, those big rims ARE cool.

NEIOWA

98hd said:
I can think of at least 3 people on this board that have had bad dealings with him. I can't believe he is still in business w/ the crap he pulls.
Don't just badmouth the guy unless you can provide specific information about who/what/how. Have you had dealings good or bad?

98hd

NEIOWA said:
98hd said:
I can think of at least 3 people on this board that have had bad dealings with him. I can't believe he is still in business w/ the crap he pulls.
Don't just badmouth the guy unless you can provide specific information about who/what/how. Have you had dealings good or bad?
Here is the link to my story, which was also posted in the second link Recovery4x4 posted.

http://www.pavementsucks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=7502

rdixiemiller

Every business has little blips on occasion. However, they shouldn't happen all the time. I see some quality control issues with some of the welded products I have seen pictures of, mainly leaks in things that should not leak. It also appears that extremely long delays are the norm. Starting a business on a shoestring can be risky. You can lose everything if you can't deliver the promised items after you have received payment for them. I will be interested to see how long he can keep going like this.

FSBruva

I was being sarcastic.... yet another question answered with the search function, which apparently only you, me and Mangus know about...

Matt

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didn't use no surch tewl. I can't even spell surch!
We really need a rescue function. Get it, Search & rescue!

spicergear

Ah...what a delighful post!

One additional note on the wheels that Denial (I call him that as it's his most active trait) built for me for the Top Truck Challenge event; they were not straight. I have not yet seen a straight and 100% true running double beadlock 20" wheel from him. I don't believe it exists. We had a phone conversation not long after TTC after I had blasted him on either this or another board and he wanted the wheels back and wanted to make another set but with different backspacing. I had absolutely had it with him. I had already given him the chance to remedy past situations...I had been though that grinder for too much time already and he got all pissy with me. When you're put through the wringer enough times you lose sympathy. There are other vendors out there...he's also been banned from the Pirate4x4 board for his shennigans.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks