• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

USMC Retreads aircraft from Davis Monthan to make up shortage!

saddamsnightmare

June 25th, 2016.

Looks like Davis- Monthan AFB and Boeing are going to be a little busier pulling FA-18's off of the deadline and repairing them for the USMC due to delays on the F-35 project.

Perhaps there are a couple of F4-U Corsairs or F3F4 Wildcats that could improve our response time and ground attack capabilities?:twisted:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ma...-of-boneyard-after-new-fleet-delay/ar-AAhppQQ

Semper Fi! Once a Marine, always a Marine (Even applies to aircraft)!

FrankUSMC

I saw the CH53s that were brought in here for rebuild back a few years ago. They also came from the bone yard. They were rough looking, but they were rebuilt back to as new. The Marines also purchased all the Harriers from England when they phased them out. They were broken up for parts to keep our harriers flying till the F35 comes on line.
We are Marines, and we are used to doing our best with old equipment.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET.

amaverick88

I read the article on the fox news website. On there it states that they are being brought back and fixed to a "c+" standard. Any ideas or thoughts on that? My first thing was the programming language but decided that it doesn't make sense, then I was thinking that the majority of everything will be fixed while minor issues such as flyable write-ups will be left to the gaining unit to fix.

rhurey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
C++ is the programming language.

C+ is likely the standard of the F/A-18C with some added improvements. Not enough to be an F/A-18E/F Super Hornet, but better than a stock C model.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks