• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Value of a 5 ton dropside bed?

Cdub

RE: drop

Dunno the going price for a five ton cargo dropside.......

BUT......how about some pic of the M932a2 tractor........??

Thanks,

C'dub

dma251

There are two different styles of 5-ton dropsides. The old style is 14' long and has one 12' long drop panel per side and a short fixed section at the forward end.

The second style is the newer ISO style box that was 15' long and has two lightweight panels on each side. They also have holes cut in the back for the taillights, and a storage rack down the middle to stow the drop side sections if you want to remove them.

I just bought 1 and a half of the ISO boxes locally for $500 each ($200 for the half section)

I would imagine the old style would be a bit less then the ISO style. The cost difference is evened up when you have your hernia surgery from trying to lift the old style drop sides....

Get an ISO bed if you can....

dma251

I think it's a Navy/USMC thing. I believe there was an update package that was installed on the Navy's M800 5-tons and the new style cargo box was part of it.

Guess the USMC got it too. I think they got lockers at the same time.

Cdub

dma251 said:
I think it's a Navy/USMC thing. I believe there was an update package that was installed on the Navy's M800 5-tons and the new style cargo box was part of it.

Guess the USMC got it too. I think they got lockers at the same time.
ISO beds were designed to carry the Connex Containers. Which the Navy / Marines used often. The sides are easily removed and stored under the bed. The tail gates stores in the front of the bed.

International Organization for Standardization (ISO)

The Marines five tons would come with the Lockers, Fording kit, ISO bed and most had the super singles - combat rims. Most of the trucks at Schott's place were Marine trucks. Even though they were only M923's w/o winch they came equipped with the controls, pumps, PTO and hoses......but no front winch on the bumper......strange......??

Be careful.....If you do decide on a ISO bed.......Make sure it comes with the troop seats and side boards......even better yet, The Cargo Cover....all are very had to come by for the ISO beds. They are all together different then the standard beds. Oh yea....make sure your davit is complete as well........!!!

papercu

drops

For the type bed DaveP posted I have some of the two foot section of sides for sell. Wood may be good or not (I will try to get the good ones first) but all hardware will be there. 15.00 each (two needed per bed) Send a zip for shipping charges from 31513 They are heavy. TIA, wayne