• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vehicle delineators - used where, when, by who?

KallyLC

Just looking for some info on the usage of the red/yellow squares on the rear of vehicles. I know what they're for, but I'm looking for some info on when they first started being used, where they were used, and which branches/units used them?

From what I can gather myself, they are/were a legal requirement for US/NATO forces in Germany, but seemingly not the UK. I can't find a single picture of a vehicle used by the Air Force in England with them affixed, which is making me think my ex-Air Force M1008 may have come from Germany. It would be nice to know when exactly they came into use, if anyone knows.

I still see them on modern vehicles and I've seen privately owned MVs with them in the US and England, but I've never seen active duty vehicles in the UK or US with them attached. If anyone has any proof to the contrary then It'd be nice to know.

1653308839270.png

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks