• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vehicle documentation of army CUCVs

.Max.Power.

Hey folks,

the Belgian technical clearance station refused to check my M1008 as they say the chassis number is not well made (I can clearly identify it and also the Dutch technical service clearly identified it as it was registered there initially after is was bought from the army in 2000).

They told me to reach out to the manufacturer but I did not find any email or useful phone number of a help center who might be able to provide me with some additional information on that car.

Any ideas whom I might contact?

Regards
Max

Swfb

Hey folks,

the Belgian technical clearance station refused to check my M1008 as they say the chassis number is not well made (I can clearly identify it and also the Dutch technical service clearly identified it as it was registered there initially after is was bought from the army in 2000).

They told me to reach out to the manufacturer but I did not find any email or useful phone number of a help center who might be able to provide me with some additional information on that car.

Any ideas whom I might contact?

Regards
Max
Max,

What do you mean with "not wel made"
The moment I brought my cucv to the RDW they checked the partial, original, vin number on top of the chassis. And also checked the vin on the dash and the title. After they were convinced they belong together the RDW stamped the complete number in the chasis.
After that it was cleared for the dutch registration.

If you bought an cucv with a dutch registration you should have a complete number in your chassis. The location is mentioned on your papers. Most of the time on the right side of the chasis aprox 1 meter behind the tire. It is the number followed with the RDW mark.

.Max.Power.

Max,

What do you mean with "not wel made"
The moment I brought my cucv to the RDW they checked the partial, original, vin number on top of the chassis. And also checked the vin on the dash and the title. After they were convinced they belong together the RDW stamped the complete number in the chasis.
After that it was cleared for the dutch registration.

If you bought an cucv with a dutch registration you should have a complete number in your chassis. The location is mentioned on your papers. Most of the time on the right side of the chasis aprox 1 meter behind the tire. It is the number followed with the RDW mark.
I was at the RDW as well and they said the number was already on it. Besides, there is no RWD mark right of the number.

Nevertheless the stamped in number equals the one on the B pillar ID tag and on the dashboard.

For the RDW everything was obviously fine in 2000 when the car was registered for the first time? Or - if also garages in the netherlands are certified for doing that - they put that number on and that's ok for the RDW. I really don't know.

I now contacted the seller o the vehicle and he will reach out for the dealer he got it from.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks