• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vehicle Registration Forum

ARYankee

I know the site is going through a lot of changes and it is awesome!!! I was curious about having a registration forum. In that forum it can be listed by state a FAQ sheet/ guide to help folks get their MVs registered in their respective state. That way they would know what is proper and what their options are. It could have a contact from the main registration office that folks can contact with questions. Maybe we also have a state registration liaison that helps to keep it updated. The reason I came up with this suggestion is I am always seeing threads about registration.... well I am in contact with our state main office to get this FAQ sheet/guide put together for our state members.

doskiez

I have seen a few dispersed threads about this. I think it would be a good idea to have a place to put them all. Similar to the technical manual section

197thhhc

So your talking about a "how to" guide for titling and registering a MV in your state. Its a good idea. I can see it being hard to keep current. With constantly changing laws. But that would be an even better reason to have this.

ARYankee

So your talking about a "how to" guide for titling and registering a MV in your state. Its a good idea. I can see it being hard to keep current. With constantly changing laws. But that would be an even better reason to have this.

Yeah pretty much. It would help us as owners and also help the folks at the DMV since we would have a better understanding of what we want.

DieselBob

I could also see this helping if someone is thinking about moving to another area. Are the registration requirements in your proposed new HQ MV friendly or a nightmare.2cents

indy4x4fab

Banned
I know the site is going through a lot of changes and it is awesome!!! I was curious about having a registration forum. In that forum it can be listed by state a FAQ sheet/ guide to help folks get their MVs registered in their respective state. That way they would know what is proper and what their options are. It could have a contact from the main registration office that folks can contact with questions. Maybe we also have a state registration liaison that helps to keep it updated. The reason I came up with this suggestion is I am always seeing threads about registration.... well I am in contact with our state main office to get this FAQ sheet/guide put together for our state members.
What they said. :beer:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Even if we had 50 state forums, people from all over would still post information that does not pertain to the state in question.

The rules do change and it would be difficult to keep up with that.

Just because it's the rule, does not mean it is followed in all areas in a state.

ARYankee

Even if we had 50 state forums, people from all over would still post information that does not pertain to the state in question.
You do have a point about this but isn't that why we have moderators plus we have those folks that "self police".

The rules do change and it would be difficult to keep up with that.

Just because it's the rule, does not mean it is followed in all areas in a state.
You are correct about the rules changing but I see having a forum as an advantage just for that.

As far as different offices not following them.... that is another reason for this so folks know where to go for the rules. That way they can either print them off and take them with them or cite where they found the info to the person at the office.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks