• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VF/VC Paint question

Mthirtyseven

Where can I find a pre-war paint color for a dodge VF or VC? From what I have seen it is a yellowish olive drab. Gillespie coatings does not offer anything before 1941 OD.

135gmc

Years ago, a friend of mine was doing a 150% restoration (way WAY over-restored) on an MB Jeep. He very carefully had the paint custom mixed to match perfectly. When he removed the data plates from the dash, he found that he very carefully had matched faded paint. The color under the data plates was standard OD.....

68427vette

contact Phil huffman,, from KY,, or Walley from WI,, Phil did extensive reasearch(under firewall mat color on several VC's) ,(he works or distributes paint and supplies), and let me say,, if you see his VC1,, its breath taking in person,, beautiful correct color,:not worthy:, !!

68427vette

Years ago, a friend of mine was doing a 150% restoration (way WAY over-restored) on an MB Jeep. He very carefully had the paint custom mixed to match perfectly. When he removed the data plates from the dash, he found that he very carefully had matched faded paint. The color under the data plates was standard OD.....
LOL,, must have been a rookie mistake,, or didnt do a 100% restoration, and removed all items and saw this,, these vehicales are 70+ years old,, paint fades,, plus these were repainted several times in depots... lesson learned i bet..:roll:,, so now hea has a faded painted jeep???[thumbzup]

68427vette

i'm not sure Phil (different phil) from TMORdance paints is or has done this color yet?? i love his shade 8 for wwii stuff!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks