• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vietnamese Propaganda film

bchauvette

Quite a while ago there was a thread with a V100 ( I think) Vietnamese propaganda film. I volenteered to have my wife translate/paraphrase it. could somebody point me to the thread?

L1A1

I know the Vietnamese are a thrifty people but I'm still kind of surprised that the V100s are still in service with them & haven't been scrapped out, replaced with a vehicle of Russian design/origin.

Matt

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The essence of the film was that they have been using them since 1960 and are now rebuilding the V100’s and upgrading them as they put them back together. They rebuilt the engines, transmissions, and drive train. Some of the upgrades are night vision and better radio communications. They also test drove the rebuilds on the road and in the water and they are very happy with the results. They did say that they would be using them and they are now ready to do their job.

B3.3T

The tire size is 14.00x20 so lots of options. The original Commando tires, however, have been out of production for years and hard to find. We use Michelins and Goodyears instead but NDT are also all over.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks