• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

VIN and BODY TYPE

Fudge0514

So I've been reading some threads on here and just want to confirm I have the correct VIN and BODY STYLE that I wil put on my application for title SF97 for my M101A3 that I just picked up yesterday.

The VIN on the dataplate is in this format:
"NNNN, USA LLLLLN"
N=Number
L=Letter

Sounds like most of you just use the last 6 characters maybe?

For BODY STYLE do I want to use this?
"3/4 TON 2 WHEEL CARGO"

Fudge0514

Okay, I read post #1 in your thread. Not being rude, I'm just trying to understand the intent behind this post of yours. Do you offer a service in exchange for optional donations? Do you help track down vehicles for sale for people, I'm really at a loss trying to figure out what it is you are doing for this site (and it sure seems quite noble!).

I tried calling the Gov Liq help line, but they couldn't help me. They told me to call the person at the location I picked up my trailer at. So I did that and they were unable to help me as well.

It really seems like I'm asking a simple question here, and I figured this would be the forum to do it, but so far I've had over 30 reads, and only one reply.

I tried searching through a lot of these posts in this section but I couldn't find what I needed.

Does anyone know the answer to my original post as to what is the full and correct VIN on my trailer and what I should put down for the body type?

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
So I've been reading some threads on here and just want to confirm I have the correct VIN and BODY STYLE that I wil put on my application for title SF97 for my M101A3 that I just picked up yesterday.

The VIN on the dataplate is in this format:
"NNNN, USA LLLLLN"
N=Number
L=Letter

Sounds like most of you just use the last 6 characters maybe?

For BODY STYLE do I want to use this?
"3/4 TON 2 WHEEL CARGO"
The serial number is the VIN. The registration number is technically not part of the vin.

Not sure what NNNN, USA LLLLLN is all about, I'm mean it doesn't provide the detail needed to answer the question. If you're worried about some knowing your vin, you shouldn't be, it's public record.

We can't provide information if we don't get the information needed to give you an informed decision.

Body style on my registration is cargo but I'm sure it depends on the state if that's the specific naming used.

Good luck.

Fudge0514

The serial number is the VIN. The registration number is technically not part of the vin.

Not sure what NNNN, USA LLLLLN is all about, I'm mean it doesn't provide the detail needed to answer the question. If you're worried about some knowing your vin, you shouldn't be, it's public record.

We can't provide information if we don't get the information needed to give you an informed decision.

Body style on my registration is cargo but I'm sure it depends on the state if that's the specific naming used.

Good luck.
On the data plate it reads "VEH IDENT NO. 2203, USA NWOLN2"

Cargo makes sense for body style, so I will just go with that. :)

Fudge0514

The GL help page mentions trailers only require these fields:
Trailers – VIN#, Year, Make, Model, Body Style, and Weight

I did have to put in color, GVWR, and put in N/As for the engine, fuel, mileage, etc. Gosh!

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
On the data plate it reads "VEH IDENT NO. 2203, USA NWOLN2"

Cargo makes sense for body style, so I will just go with that. :)

First off there ain't no I or O in military registration or serial numbers. As stated in post #1 it is either a 1 (one) or a 0 (zero).

Organization:1ST BATTALION, 382D REGIMENT Location:FT SILL OK
Nomenclature: TRLR CARGO (3/4T)
Model:M101A3
NSN:2330013725641
Serial Number:NW0LN22203
Registration Number:NW0LN2
Year of Mfg:1990
Manufacturer:8K334
Contract Number:DAAE07-88-C-J003
Info is as of April 2009.

This unit is part of the 479th Field Artillery Brigade.

I do recall an official memo that said the new trailers were having the vin established as the reg# followed immediately by the serial number to avoid duplication from mfg.

Ensure when you title and register it, you have the 0 zeros as zeros not O (as in oscar).

Fudge0514

Thanks for clearing up a few things. Interesting that it says the year of manufacture as 1990 though. I guess they could've completely rebuilt it in Feb 2005, who knows. Very hard to believe its 21 though, I would believe it being 6 years old, or less. It looks almost brand new.

Fudge0514

USPS tried to deliver something signature required from GovLiq, but I wasn't home so I'll pick it up tomorrow from the local post office. Sweet!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks