• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Vinyl

K45

I am curious whats yalls thoughts of vinyl cover the entire vehicles with some sort of camo design as apposed to painting. i am looking at the idea of digital camo vinyl a cucv. i have done the digital paint jon and it is very time consuming. i was just wondering if others have used vinyls or if anyone has painted their old MV with the digital camo skeme. Thanks

ChalkOutline

get ahold of apewraps. they are a very good company to deal with

There price for a full wrap STARTS at $3500 :shock: !!!!!! And is guaranteed for only 5 years. What kind of paint job can you get for that, and shouldn't it last longer than 5 years?

I would like to see one done that way (digital in paint) though.

Loco_Hosa

I am curious whats yalls thoughts of vinyl cover the entire vehicles with some sort of camo design as apposed to painting. i am looking at the idea of digital camo vinyl a cucv. i have done the digital paint jon and it is very time consuming. i was just wondering if others have used vinyls or if anyone has painted their old MV with the digital camo skeme. Thanks
I am a student of auto upholstery, and after recently trying and failing at a few vinyl headliners, I will tell you that this would be a VERY time consuming, and frustrating process. I just dont think you will get the stretch you want or need for most of the corners. Even just on your doors, around the window, you would have a hell of a time getting it to stick in that corner.

An interesting idea, but from my experience, which I admit is limited to headliners and seats, it wouldn't turn out well.

Vinyl wraps use a different type of vinyl than what is used for everyday signage. It is specially constructed with air release channels on the adhesive side to allow air to be squeegeed out from behind it with great ease. It is also repositionable which means that you can pull it back up and lay it down with ease. By using a heat gun you can stretch it to amazing limits. I have wrapped motorcycle tanks and hard hats to name a few austere shapes. Oracal vinyl is what I strictly use and it is guaranteed for 10 years. 3M is only guaranteed for 7 as is Avery.

For a test, I took a 24X24 piece of digitally printed vinyl and wadded it into the size of a softball. By carefully peeling it back open and then using a heat gun, all the wrinkles came out and it returned to it's original shape and suppleness. Amazing stuff.

Oh by the way, you can remove it without any adhesive sticking to the surface for up to 4 years.

If you want some Camo style already printed up go to Fellers.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks