• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Virginia MSMVs?

d_o_l

seems like this would already be covered here somewhere, like the Maryland law, but a search didn't turn anything up.

Are CUCVs in Virginia covered by these restrictions?

been planning on buying an m1009 for daily use, this was a depressing find

ODAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've registered several MVs (wreckers, M35A2) over the years in Virginia and never encountered a problem with obtaining tags using the normal registration application. The CUCV in particular is a military variant of a civilian vehicle.

While I'm no expert, I believe that the intent of the law is to address vehicles specifically designed and manufactured for off road use e.g. tracked vehicles, etc. Most HMVs are wheeled vehicles and are obviously manufactured for road use. Other than the military "look," it seems to me little different from a jeep, tahoe, expedition, or a subaru for that matter.

Except for the lack of air conditioning....

d_o_l

The CUCV in particular is a military variant of a civilian vehicle.
I figured the easily recognizable manufacturer would help at the DMV, so your experience with the bigger trucks is good to hear. Are your MVs registered with military nomenclatures for the models? i imagine that's title-dependent?

ODAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Depends on the DMV agent whether he or she will work from the title. On the registration application, I think you'd be OK to leave the model blank and just put SUV in the body type. Or go ahead and put CUCV in the model block.... The DMV likely doesn't know what that is specifically, probably doesn't care, and will look to the SUV body type.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks