• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Voltmeter failure

86M10086.2L

You might want to also try taking the volt meter out and cleaning the contacts and the contacts on the porcelan resistor on the volmeter itself. Mine stopped working and it turned out the contacts on the resistor were just dirty.

IGI

Yes, the windshield wipers didn't work only because the contact are dirty... I'll try to clean them.
To remove the voltmeter I have only to slip off?

86M10086.2L

take the trim panel off the instrument cluster, you should be able to get at the brace the holds the gauge in. It will be tight but you should be able to do it. Otherwise you have to remove the dashpad and everything to get it out.

86M10086.2L

RE: Re: RE: Voltmeter failure

That looks more like a duece gauge than a CUCV. It would work as I've had one in mine but there is no provision for a light bulb. the housing is clear and gets light from some other source. But worked fine until I realized there was nothing wrong with the one that came with the truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks