• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Volvo 306

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good Afternoon Pinz experts I have a (probably stupid) question concerning the availability/price of the Volvo 306 in the states. Are there ayn that you have heard of and how is their pricing/availabilty as compared to the Pinz 712? Alos how do they compare on parts availability and the price of those parts when a person needs them? I really want a Pinz but need to check all options, any help would certainly be appreciated and Thanks a lot in advance I do not know much about the Volvos at all, I am an American MV guy but looking forward to something a little different!
Thanks again
KK

bbftx

Hi Karl,
If you haven't already, talk to these guys:
Classic Unimogs / Classic 4x4 - Unimog 404/406/416, Volvo C303/C304

They deal in Pinz's, Volvos and Unimogs, so they can easily answer all your questions about relative price and availability. Compared to my Volvo Sugga, Volvo C303 or C306 parts are probably more prevalent, but that doesn't mean it's easy to get them!

My next MV will probably be a Volvo 6x6. I think they look better than the Pinz, but it all depends on what you want to do with the vehicle.

Good luck,
BBF TX
www.VolvoSugga.org

captain-crank

Karl,

Both are very capable vehicles.

I have a C303 so am a bit biased. It's one of the most fun trucks I've ever owned. Chicks dig it.

The biggest difference to me is Pinz is air cooled and the Volvo liquid. I prefer the latter.

Also the Volvo shares many engine and some drive line components with the civilian car.

Parts for both are difficult but not impossible to locate, most overseas.

Do your homework before purchasing so you buy a good one, whichever make.

John

Pinz25086

I looked at both and decided on the Pinz due to parts availability. Parts for a Volvo are really hard to find and just as expensive as Pinz parts (if not more). Either way you are in for a great truck. Good luck!

Wayne

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanx guys for all the good information both vehicles look to be able to accomplish all I want and then some concept wise they look very similar with the main diff being liquid cooled VS air cooled engine I would have to say that parts and support availability is definately a factor, still more research needed to figure this one out. Thanks again guys for your input its much appreciated! I will let you know what happens on this one!
KK

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks