• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wait Light Turns Back On

hypgnostic

First, I want to say thanks to everyone on Steel Soldiers for their great posts! I've not yet had to actually post a question, as I find all my answers in great detail before I even have the chance to post!

I hope I searched effectively enough and am not re-asking a question already answered, but here goes. After starting my M1028 when it's been sitting awhile, (like overnight, or occasionally after work) I start driving down the road and the Wait light comes back on for a few minutes before fading back out again. I have the extra button installed for heating the plugs a little longer when I'm starting, and the truck always starts like a dream, never fails. I've never had a Wait light come back on like that on all my previous diesels (including all my HMMWV's when I was active).

Any ideas what might be causing this?

mangus580

That makes me think that your controller card is losing power, and getting it back again. Its also possible that your manual button wiring is somehow causing it?

hypgnostic

Muches gracias for the help. Both are definitely a possibility. I'm taking in for some routine maintenance tomorrow, so I'll have them take a look. I'm having a look at the suspension while she's up on the lift as well...thinking of having the entire rig replaced, leaf springs, shocks, everything. I don't trust anything that was in it before I owned it...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks