• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Walmart.com ValuePower batteries

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Dunno if this is true or a fluke, but I ordered a pair of batteries last night for the ECU Trailer I have from walmart.com.

http://www.walmart.com/browse/91083...=91083_1104292_1072085&facet=brand:ValuePower

Picked them up this AM, no core charge on them. The selection is limited, but there's some batteries we can make do with in there for our MV's. $50 for a new battery is a good deal. Sticker says Johnson on them, so they're US made batteries. Before I picked them up I went over to the auto section, they are not sold there. You must buy them online and pick up at the walmart.com service counter. Maybe a little of a hassle, but worth the savings I think.

Maybe someone else can give it a try and see? Batteries fired up the ECU just fine in my case. (Group 24 batteries, needed the smaller ones to fit in the generator enclosure)

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw those at Walmart the other day - The store near me has them on the shelf. I don't know what to think of them, they might be the kind of thing that if you have no expectations, you will not be deceived...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The link shows each model out of stock. Might check the store, I have a use for a couple of $50 batteries.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I saw those at Walmart the other day - The store near me has them on the shelf. I don't know what to think of them, they might be the kind of thing that if you have no expectations, you will not be deceived...
Indeed. I guess with it being a generator, it's not exactly the same as a vehicle. But I'll report back if I have any issues.

The link shows each model out of stock. Might check the store, I have a use for a couple of $50 batteries.
Might be my link honestly. I tried to back out and look at online only for that model. You might have to play around with your zip code to find in stock.

Think the 650s would start a Deuce?
Here in the south? Yes. I've used some smaller batteries like that in a multifuel with no problems. But up north, I dunno. And I'd doubt it in a NHC-250 powered vehicle. Unless you put 4 in maybe.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are instock and in the auto section at my local stores.

I have bought them.

They are something new.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In store, no core charge.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
very cheap and there exposure is only one year. Any descent battery will last a year. Johnson Controls is one of the few remaining battery companies. They make Sears and Diehard brand. Quality outfit.

No core charge is wild. Never saw that in all the years I sold lead.

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
very cheap and there exposure is only one year. Any descent battery will last a year. Johnson Controls is one of the few remaining battery companies. They make Sears and Diehard brand. Quality outfit.

No core charge is wild. Never saw that in all the years I sold lead.
They also make Costco batteries. I know from experience they are reliable.

AZK9

Did you buy in store, or online? Core charge?
I just picked up a WalMart ValuePower 26R-1 battery (in store) for a family car on
11-13 for $48.88 (before tax).

There was a core fee of: $12

Turned in an old L-O-N-G dead (useless to me) battery for the core requirement.
Seems to be working fine so far. It came with a one year, full refund warranty with receipt.

3rdaavbn

I have always had luck going to a Voltex or Interstate batteries and asking for their "blems".
They carry the same warranty as a "non-blem"(usually a ding on the plastic), but a 1000cca is about $ 45.00.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks