• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wanted: M123 passenger side fender

blackdog

I need an M123 passenger side fender. Preferably somewhere within 200-300 miles from San Diego or for pick up at Tower Park.

Brian

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can ask at Fontana on the 14th. I didn't see any, but heaven only knows what kind of stuff is there

blackdog

Thanks, I would appreciate that a lot!! Also looking for the footstep that goes under the radiator...

Knucklehead

If you are unable to find one off of a M123, a regular 5T fender, pre 800 series will fit. The fenders are basically the same but have some detail differences in the inner fender panel area. The inner panel is easily modified.

A couple of years ago a buddy and I removed the entire cab, fenders,hood and grill off of a 123 and put it on an M52A2. Very easy to do with minor modifications.

blackdog

Dang, didn't know that. The height of the monster must have thrown me off.

Involved in an incident that I would rather not talk about, but I can't resist on showing it off as it was...

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M123 is the big granddaddy of all MVs. They are a wide load by themselves, and able to haul HUGE loads. Granted, modern HETs may tow more, but the M123's design is like a M35 deuce on steroids, and those who are used to the deuce on a regular basis will feel like their deuce grew several sizes bigger when they step inside a -123 or -125. You get to look DOWN on big rig drivers in that truck!

DMgunn

Was hoping you'd post a pic here. LOVE the M123s! For those that haven't seen one, maybe someone could post up a pic of someone standing beside one to give them a better idea of the massive size (though that truck on the trailer is a good indicator).

Gimpyrobb - That's funny - I had an M123 as my wallpaper forever till I got my 5-ton. So damn beautiful.

DMgunn

RE: Fenders for 5 ton

Great. Now that that's solved I don't feel so bad about this hijack. Here is a pic demonstrating the real size of these things. I used this for a wallpaper for a very long time - just never get tired of looking at it.

Attachments

blackdog

The M123A1C pictured in my photo is going to be used in a display where the M123 will be pulling away from a "dropped" M870 trailer (also the one in my photo) with a big Terex dozer on it, like the pic above... :D

Brian

blackdog

Alright... so now that we're done ooing and awing, does anyone have a pre-800 series 5 ton passenger side fender that they're looking to get rid of? It'd be nice if it was free, because it's going to a museum that doesn't get any money to pay for anything... :roll:

blackdog

What is the difference between the fenders for multifuel and the fenders for gassers? I already know that there is one difference between M123 and pre-800 -- that being that there is an access hatch on the pre-800, and the access hatch being located on the drivers side fender on the M123...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks