• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wanting to start a new HMMWV business. Need your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

spankybear

If you are looking on making this a career just remember that these will dry up. How long will it be is anyone's guess. I see CUCVs, M35s, M101 and others dry up.

royg

I love these trucks; they are good for smiles/mile. That said I can't think of a better way to kill the joy then turn a fun hobby into a obligation I depended on for income.

There are a billion vehicles you can buy, fix up, sell for profit. Have you done that with an easy to sell vehicle? Because you're thinking about doing it with a niche vehicle that has the trifecta of limited appeal, hard to find & expensive parts, and registration/insurance issues. You'ld probably make more money fixing/flipping Hondas and Toyotas in need of an engine or trans.

Vehicle restoration is more an infatuation then a sensible financial decision.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This business model is commonplace already and the market is over saturated. A HMMWV priced for the common man is like $12K-$16K in as-is condition from Uncle Sam if it's road legal and safe. The $20k-$35K market is near top of the pyramid price wise without going all out for $60K+ market stuff. Everyone can get HMMWVs and they fit in your garage so unless you have a unique edge whether that be price, quality, location, or what ever then you will be fighting every shade tree mechanic out there.

bigugh20

Indeed, there's a niche market for affordable HMMWVs. It's absolutely possible, you just need a solid plan. Consider sourcing used HMMWVs at auctions or look into government surplus vehicles – these can sometimes be more affordable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks