• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Warbird pics

lowflybye

Warbirds are a part of military history that I am blessed to have the opportunity to participate in. That being said, I have collected quite a few photos and some video during our many adventures that I thought you fellows might enjoy.

Stearman Overhead Approach - Stearman - Overhead Approach - YouTube

Waking the Whistling Death - Waking the Corsair for a morning flight - YouTube

Time to Buzz the Tower - Permission to buzz the tower - YouTube

Corsair Formation Pt 1 - F4U Corsair Joins Up on Navajo - YouTube

Part 2 - F4U Corsair - Navajo formation - YouTube

Flying at Oshkosh - Playing with the Corsair at Oshkosh - YouTube

lowflybye

Heath_h49008

2 chin scoops= -5... I should have remembered that.

I only remember seeing one of those in the time I was volunteering at the Air Zoo. It was a -5 that was painted a lighter blue. Almost cobalt. It would have been in the mid 90's at one of the last big Kalamazoo air shows.

As I recall we had to pull it from the flight line after she came in due to engine issues, so she couldn't fly that weekend. But they had intended to fly her in the show.

I always try to find warbirds I have "met" in the good old days. It's just nice to know they are still around and flying.

Next season I hope you guys post a list of events. She looks beautiful, and it's always a good thing to listen to an R2800. Keep the pictures coming! They look great!

Walt4653

It's probably Jim Reads airplane and Dale Snograss was the pilot. It also has a back seat, (jump seat) that can take passengers. I flew and my son flew in that plane at the black sheep squadron re-union in 2002 at Indy. Price was $1000.00 each for a 108 minute ride . Have Picts and me waving from the plane. We flew a practice flight with 4 other corsairs, b -25, b24- 2 harriers, and several t 6 trainers. Did some 4-6 g maneuvers, outside loop- an inside loop, vertical stalls, etc.
BEST TIME OF MY LIFE. JIM READ HAS SINCE SOLD THAT AIRCRAFT AND I HAVE LOST TRACK OF JIM. DALE ON THE OTHER HAND CAME TO RI 2 yrs AGO AND I GOT TO GO IN HIS f86 SABRE FOR A RIDE. CLOSE TO LOOSING MY LUNCH.

HE IS TRYING TO PURCHASE 12 F14 SURPLUC TOMCATS.
Thanks for the Picts.
walt

vtdeucedriver

It's probably Jim Reads airplane and Dale Snograss was the pilot. It also has a back seat, (jump seat) that can take passengers. I flew and my son flew in that plane at the black sheep squadron re-union in 2002 at Indy. Price was $1000.00 each for a 108 minute ride . Have Picts and me waving from the plane. We flew a practice flight with 4 other corsairs, b -25, b24- 2 harriers, and several t 6 trainers. Did some 4-6 g maneuvers, outside loop- an inside loop, vertical stalls, etc.
BEST TIME OF MY LIFE. JIM READ HAS SINCE SOLD THAT AIRCRAFT AND I HAVE LOST TRACK OF JIM. DALE ON THE OTHER HAND CAME TO RI 2 yrs AGO AND I GOT TO GO IN HIS f86 SABRE FOR A RIDE. CLOSE TO LOOSING MY LUNCH.

HE IS TRYING TO PURCHASE 12 F14 SURPLUC TOMCATS.
Thanks for the Picts.
walt
12 surplus tomcats? Good luck with that...........The CF I think is having hard enough time keeping the F-4 going being now that the govt is putting the squeeze on all tactical jet aircraft activity in the civilian market.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks