• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Washing etc.

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is there any way to remove minor surface scratches for the carc paint? Also, what is the best way to wash these vehicles?

Thanks!

FloridaAKM

Scratches give it more character, dents show that it is tough & has been used/abused. Repaint is the only way I know to fix scratches with CARC.

Washing your truck, the rains do that for free, but only on the top side. I found that the mold & mildew that grows in the paint comes off well with a pressure washer of @ least 3K psi. If you see the desert tan trucks here in Florida, they grow black mold like crazy in the heat, pressure washing it cleans out all of it.

YMMV!

WV New Guy

I wash ours with the pressure washer and simple green occasionally to get the tree sap and stains off the tan paint you have to get it off fast or it will stain . Well it will stain a Behr paint job anyway . We sanded down layers of CARCASS and tan rustolem and sprayed it with Behr and now touch it up with rollers .

CARMAN

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ditto on the simple green. Put the "soap tip" on the pressure washer. Suck up some simple green. Spray all over, soak, put on the yellow tip and wash. Mine looked great and it took off all the green mildew in the cracks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks