• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Water-methanol injection system on a 6.2L NA engine

Jozseph

I know there is an long old thread in the "Deuce Modification and Hot-Rodding" forum, has anyone installed a water-methanol injection system in a 6.2L NA engine?

Joseph

Westech

CPL
In the 6.2 family of engines it would only be good for getting a few more MPG's. It would not be worth the effort in making more HP.
You would have to crank the injection pump to make more power. When cranked and on meth that engine will only put out 200 on the high side while melting down on the inside.
A good safe HP level for the 6.2 is 150 ish. The 6.2 is a fuel efficient engine with good low end torque for the time it was designed.

Truckyea

I swapped in a 6.5td, and was thinking about doing the meth injection to help keep the EGT's down while getting max power in off-roading situations.
I like the snow performance once that is tunable with the pyrometer.
So you can tune it to only kick on via boost or egt