• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

WC bed. Anyone have one?

ratstalker

Just curious, does anyone happen to know the whereabouts of a WC-6x bed? I have a 63, but it lacks the bed. It is otherwise surprisingly complete. I would settle for a 5x bed as well. I got one of those from Midwest, but it went away when my buddies business went up in flames. A pallet of high speed cameras from Aberdeen went away as well. Not so worried about those however...

thanx ahead of time. (even if i get no responses, the contributions on SS are unbelievably helpful. mostly for my M1009, but everyone else as well.)

68427vette

i have an extra one,, not to hoard, but i was hoping to keep if and make a decision when i get around to restoring my 63,, or if i found a cheap 62,, buts way back on the burner,, beds are pricy,, 3-4-5,000 ive sean them go... mine are both the later, or middle version with full wood in them(mostly all gone) were are you located? jc -ohio

ratstalker

Thanks for the post. I would definitely be interested. I'm (unfortunately) in Kalifornia, but would have no problem going to Ohio. Some of the most beautiful country in the land. I could easily live on the border with Kentucky. My dad had a buddy from The War who lived in Coal Grove, and I absolutely loved our visit there. That was in 1976, I'm sure things have changed a lot. Anyway, I'd be more than happy to let you set your own price, I know these don't exist in every junkyard around the corner...

I'm a little financially strapped at the moment, but one kid is getting out of school this may, so that helps a lot. I could easily send cashiers checks ahead of time, and pick up some time this summer. Either bed would be acceptable, in just about any shape. I've only tracked one other one down, and so far has failed to materialize. I did pick up a 52/53 bed, (to stretch out...?) which was delivered to my friends business, which promptly had a large fire, and the bed went bye bye...

Wood being missing is to be expected for a 70 or so year old piece. No worries there.

My 63 is currently also a back burner project, but being obsessed with preserving history, I'm determined to get it up and running. They do not seem to be a common vehicle at all. Aside from the bed, it is pretty complete, and straight.

Pics would be appreciated, if possible. I would love a drive to Ohio this summer.

Feel free to contact me again directly. My direct email is ahlqvist@sbcglobal.net

thanx, Lee

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks