• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Weasel Pictures from N. Idaho

jtrojan715

good looking weasel. i just started looking at them . i thing if i can find one for the right price im going to get one. nice thing is it will fit in the back of my deuce

Watercooled

I have seen them in back of a deuce. I almost bought a weasel that was in Corning north of you, but passed it up. That was years ago.
I have installed the chevy engine and powerglide trans and getting the other happy parts ready.

Attachments

steelandcanvas

What condition are your tracks in? Was the original drive train beyond rebuild? Our Club has one that was donated to us, which a few of the Members are actively restoring. Parts are difficult to find, but that's part of the challenge to restore such a great, rare vehicle.

Watercooled

Tracks have been repaired with links. The machine is getting its upgrades for use in the winter of N. Idaho. I get up to 3-4' of snow. I don't want a restored vehicle for show so its going to be used. Many weasels are adapted for many uses other than restored. Parts are getting very hard to get and the price is up there. I will keep the stock windshield so looks will be somewhat correct.
Many who do a swap out on engines use ford 6's and I even saw one with a dodge slant six. Check out You tube on " weasel with a 302 v8 and auto " Very fast tracked rig.
Stay Safe

jtrojan715

was it at the guys house out by the truck stops? looks like he has some halftrack stuff there. i was thinking bout droping a cummins 4BT in one out of an old bread truck.

I have seen them in back of a deuce. I almost bought a weasel that was in Corning north of you, but passed it up. That was years ago.
I have installed the chevy engine and powerglide trans and getting the other happy parts ready.

Watercooled

Yes it was by the truck stop. I was stuck in the area from the closure of I-5 when the area got hit by heavy snow. I think it was 7-8 years ago.
The fellow had a antique type shop with military vehicles parked in his lot. He had a rough weasel at that time. He said he wanted 3k for the rig.
The condition was not that good for the money.

I found the one I have from a fellow in Wallace Id. and he got from Truckee Ca. It was a Norwegian return.

jtrojan715

Ill have to take a trip up there and nose around some. John at vintage military vehicals in co. hase a couple of project weasels but im not getting any answers to emails.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks