• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Weight of WC51 Missing parts...

L1A1

Hey everyone!
I was wondering what a WC51 might weigh if it is missing it's engine, transmission, front bumper & gussets and it's rear bumperettes? The reason I ask this is it will determine what mode of transport I use to get this potential "jem" home.
Thanks,
Matt

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm taking a guess, but probably some around 3500 pounds??? A lot of steel, but with the engine/tranny/bumpers removed it gets a lot lighter.

BTW - how's the M151 coming along?

L1A1

MD308
Thanks for the reply. You are probably in the "ball park" on that weight guess-timation which means I may be able to tow it with my trusty Dodge Dakota pick up.
The M151A1 is about done. I say that because I've been driving it around but, there's still some minor stuff that needs to be done before I'd call it "finished". It went to it's first "show" on Saturday well, it wasn't really a show, it was the "safety day" at the home depot where I part time. One of the managers there asked me to display it among all the local Fire/Rescue equipment.
I have a CD with photos of my Mutt I was going to include with the CD of the VA SS rally pics I need to mail out to you. Sorry that's taken so long, I'll get those CDs in the mail to you this week.
Matt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks