• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Weird M939 20 foot bed... Insulated/shielded?

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just gotta ask this....

Does this truck glow in the dark?
Have you checked it for radiation?
Any chance it was within 250 miles of the THREE MILE ISLAND nuclear power plant disaster?

(I was at Fort Meade, Maryland when that incident happened. It was the first time I witnessed such large convoys of Deuces and 5-Tons. The chatter at the time was that they were laden with LEAD and other various - and in themselves DANGEROUS - materials headed to TMI as countermeasures to the radiation release.)

CUCVFAN

Gunner's Mate First Class
Steel Soldiers Supporter
LOL. I haven't found any odd materials yet, just steel and wood. Given that accident was prior to M939 production, I think I'm safe. ;)
The bumper numbers indicate the bed was on a truck from the 11th ADA Brigade (Ft. Bliss) most recently.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks