• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Well, finally got my Drexel M1009 home...

tlm47201

Joe from GL said mine was the first that wouldnt start. Figures...But it was just one bad battery. Had a shorted cell or something. Wouldnt jump, but replaced it, and it started first spin. Showed 26k, but the brake pedal is worn, so I suspect 126k. Still, it runs, and drives fine. So far, lights all work, glow plugs work correct, tailgate and glass all work, no major leaks, one tire ought to be replaced, but is really pretty roadworthy. All the lifting clevis were there, etc.Has some rust in rockers, and a small hole in the driver floor. JW4X4, sorry I missed ya, bet it was you leaving with one as I gotthere. I will get pics and post them this weekend. Now, just gotta wait on the titlepapers.

jw4x4

I got there late. I was the last customer of the day. We hooked one to the tow bar, started the runner, aired some tires and left at 11:01. It was a mad dash, but we made it out on time. More info on my post- New MV owner