• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Westy's 813 recovery

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
BFR said:
is there a smaller set of ramps to get the lawn mower out of the jeep? :twisted:
Did you see his newest way to unload a Hillbilly racing tractor?

Attachments

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Wow Great Pictures of big trucks workin. We loaded and unloaded lots of M 151's over the years on and off of our M 872 trailers especially if we got to a delivery site and no one was there to open the motorpool gate to allow the use of a loading dock. Find the closest hill and drive them up or off. I saw a lot of mutts scraping the floorpan on the back of the trailer that way but we always got them off. The trouble was it was hard to round up my drivers because they would take off in the jeeps driving through the woods and mud before bringing them up to park by the motorpools. We hauled the NG vehicles like this every summer back in the 80's

My worse ever load up was driving a 6K RTFL up on an older style HET in the Desert I do not want to take that trip again I have never been so close to tipping over as that one.

Westech

CPL
OK so we got the car out of the truck and the tires rubbing on the side of the car did not mess it up too much. if the back end of that truck was 1/32 of a inch taller I would not have been able to use the lift. we had to pry the ramps on the the bed of the truck. thats my guy Nate in the car... he was a little shaken up after backing it out of the truck on to a swaying lift.

Attachments

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
:shock: <----------------------the only appropriate smiley for this instance

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You guys got bigger baws than I do. And that's BIG. I'd never try that with a civvy car going from truck to lift like that. One wrong move and CRUNCH, down you go.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
They were good to go the deuce is chaulked. Better than having to rig up some temporary ramps. I think I would have just found a loading ramp at a moving company or factory to get it out though since I am getting old and got that way by erroring on the safety side. I think as long as you were guiding him the deed was safe.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wouldn't hesitate to unload a vehicle in that manner. Heck it's just a honda, just push it out anywhere.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stretch, who are you kidding! You would have unrolled the drivers window and put the 108 hook on the steering wheel, to undoad it. :mrgreen:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks