• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What are the best glow plugs?

gt1009

Well, the newest adventure has started, and I'm going to the manual glow plug switch. I also am going to go ahead and replace my glow plugs. Since it's 35 degrees and it's not starting and I've started it at 15 degrees before, I'm pretty sure that some of the plugs are fried. It's either that or the fuel pump. The other day the truck wouldn't start until I unscrewed the fuel cap. There was a vaccum in the tank, so I've just been driving around with the cap a little unscrewed. It started good until yesterday. But anyways, what would be the best glow plugs for me to use? I'm looking for some that will heat up more than normal ones so I can start better in the cold.
Thanks,

gt1009

I also neglected one little bit of information. Around wednesday, I was driving, heard a clunk, but didnt thnk much about it. Later I noticed a small metal bracket had fallen from under the dash. Now there are some wires hanging freely near where the heater vents are. I don't think so, but maybe they did something to the ignition or fuel wires???? Also, my glow plugs stay on for about 20-30 seconds, which I know is way too long, so I thought they might be fried.

CCATLETT1984

there is a block of relays on the back side of the dash, might be from there.

get the wellman 070's
they are the best.

Get a new fuel cap and see if it helps as well, replacing the fuel pump on our trucks is not the most fun thing to do. If you do end up having to do yours, I suggest that you pull the passenger side inner fender. you will have much easier access to it, I found that out when I replaced my inner fenders, about 4months after doing the frigging fuel pump.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks