• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What are the manufacturers GAWR?

Ryan31783

Specifically the front axle? I have a M1088 and the GAWR is 11,328, only 400# above the unloaded weight. I know all of the various models specify a different GAWR on the passenger door data plate and I’d imagine it would be at, or above the 13,416# that I have found on an early M-1089. Does anyone know what GAWR the manufacturer assigned to the axle?

TIA,

ckouba

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where did you get yours weighed? Mine is 9,200# on the front axle at a state DOT scale. I know I have stripped a few things off but I can't imagine it's >2,000# of stuff specifically from the front axle.

Ryan31783

Where did you get yours weighed? Mine is 9,200# on the front axle at a state DOT scale. I know I have stripped a few things off but I can't imagine it's >2,000# of stuff specifically from the front axle.
At a certified CAT scale. The configuration of my truck is significantly different than it came from SnS so the current weight is somewhat irrelevant, just wondering what the axle itself is rated for

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
What is the axle code? The LMTV has pretty puny axles so its probably a 12 or 13k axle from the size of it. They do not have adjustable 5th wheels so adding steer weight via a trailer isn't a problem.

I'm sure it's a RF 12-611. So 14k

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks